“Karina showed me the research on how the brain can be rewired back to a healthier state through various techniques like mindfulness, and neurofeedback.”
“You are such a talented healer—so giving not only of your immense knowledge, your understanding of trauma and the tools to help, but your true compassion and love.”
Here are a few articles and videos you may find informative or inspiring.
What the beach does to your brain
- Science says the surf and sand does the mind (and body) good. Here’s how to reap the benefits of all that ‘vitamin sea.’
Being near a body of water makes us calmer and healthier, science shows.
- By Erica Alini, Global News, July 15, 2018. Updated Oct. 22, 2018
Compassion For Addiction. When Contempt Causes Harm
- By Adi Jaffe, Ph.D. Author of The Abstinence Myth and the founder of IGNTD an online company that produces podcasts and educational programs on mental health and addiction.
Dr. Gabor Maté Interview. The Tim Ferriss Show. 2h:23m
- A wonderful wide ranging conversation exploring many themes including sources of addiction and compassionate approaches to treatment. Gabor also discusses some of his favourite books including Alice Miller’s The Drama of the Gifted Child.
Author of Unbroken Brain: A Revolutionary New Way of Understanding Addiction.
- Compassion Not Contempt: Interview with Maia Szalavitz.